In support of Joe Gritton's message, I, too, am a Hoosier and even
though I'm a "northerner" (and you can't get much more northern in
Indiana than Angola) I appreciate The Andy Griffith Show and love it's
southern expression.  I know of many other people in this neck of the
woods that love the show too and it does my heart good to hear them
share their love of the show.  I had many people say they thought of me
when they heard about Don Knotts dying because they know how much I love
Barney Fife and "the greatest sitcom on TV".  They showed nothing but
respect and it was touching.

I rarely post a message so I want to take this time to say that even
though Don Knotts is gone and we will miss him, Barney Fife will never
die!  What a wonderful thing Don Knotts did with his life by touching
and bringing joy to so many and through his characters (especially
Barney Fife) he will continue to do so long after his passing.  That is
a life well lived.  I am so honored to have met him several times; what
a wonderful man.

Shirley Friel
"I Wouldn't Marry You If You Were The Last Man On Earth!"
    (Mountain Wedding quote)