I was very sad, as I am sure that you all were to hear of the passing of our
beloved "Barney".  Don Knotts will always have a special place with me as
well.  I recently acquired a new puppy and named him Barney.  Yes, Barney
was always my favorite character on the show.  I have Barney everything, and
now (as of 2 weeks ago) have a puppy that bears his name.
I never had the pleasure of meeting him.  I was supposed to go to Nashville
last June to meet him at the Mayberry event that was to be held there, but
do to his health at the time and apparently the health of some of the others
it was cancelled.  Shorly thereafter we lost Howard Morris (who was supposed
to be there) and in November we lost Miss Jean Carson (who was also
scheduled to appear).  It has been a rough year in Mayberry.  May God
continue to bless each and every one of us in our time of grief.
Kim