I watched Episode 85 (The Great Filling Station Robbery) last night.  I
noticed something I never noticed before but I am sure many of you trained
noticers have already noticed it before.  There was a close up of Gomer and
Barney and on the shelves behind him were all the quarts of oil and other
engine products that Wally sold.  Well, every single can and container was
turned around so the brand name label was facing the wall.  What a strange
way to display his products.  But you and I know why it was done that way.
So whatever company manufactured them would not get any free advertising.
If you watch closely, you will never and I mean NEVER see a brand name of
anything on any of the TAGS episodes. (Except for the Coors Beer truck
driving past a filling station in Episode 241, Goober Goes to an Auto Show,
and that truck should not have been anywhere in North Carolina at that time.
Strange that the sponsors Sanka Coffee and Post cereals didn't have any of
their products sitting out in Aunt Bee's kitchen.  But that would have
probably been breaking city ordinance 234.6. (Displaying a Brand Name
Without A Permit).

Kenneth G. Anderson
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701