For the sake of discussion rather than argument, I think "Impossible Dream"
fits Mayberry perfectly.  Andy fights every "unbeatable foe" and beats them.
But then I guess they weren't unbeatable.  Next line.  I think Mayberry's quiet
strength would handle any sorrow.  OK.  Then the sorrows are not unbearable.
Last line.  Ah, this one nobody's gonna logic me out of this one!  "To run
where the brave dare not go."  Even Opie fits here.  Didn't he stand up to the
bully?  And Andy runs after the most horrible villians.

IMHO Mayberry's kind of an "Impossible Dream"kind of place where people do the
right and heroic things regardless of what may result.

Again, discussion not argument.  And the drinking song sure would be at odds
with Mayberry--unless, of course, Otis is singing it..  :-)

Martha Humphreys
Huntsville, AL