My wife and I watched the last episode of Season 4 the other day (Gomer joins
the Marines) and she pointed out something I never seemed to pay any
attention to before: When Gomer enters the Sheriff's office singing "From the
Halls of
Montazuma...to the shores of Tripoli ..." he is singing in his Gomer voice
rather than his deep singing voice he was known to have had in prior episodes.
He also sings the song a few more times later in the episode using the same
Gomer voice (once with the bucket on his head!) Are we supposed to have
forgotten
that Gomer had that great singing voice?

We can't wait for Season 5 to arrive in our mailbox anyday now! What a
G-R-E-A-T show!

By the way, does anybody out there in TAGS-Land know whether any plans are in
the works to release "Gomer Pyle, USMC" onto DVD?

Ed from Abingdon, MD