Thanks Dan that told the story I wanted to know about and now that you brought
that to my attention I remember her son she talked about in the color episode
about Opie and his band. My son had asked me why she had 2 names now I can tell
him the answer. As for my favorite character who inspired me too do something
good it has to be Andy and how he always takes up for Otis instead of putting
him down like most of the other Mayberry residents do. Proberly because of all
the Mayberry residents I was most like Otis at one time in my life and had a
monkey on my back for 25 years. I am a believer in the father, son and holy
ghost. But I found that in my own time and way, Andy tried many times to help
Otis as did Barney but never shoved religion at him or anyone else instead he
showed us through Love and faith in our neigbors and friends that there was a
better way to live this short life that we have. I try to do the same when it
comes to the people I come in contact with and never judge
 them for whatever situation they may be in. There is something to be said
about GOOD men and in my opinioh Andy was and is a GOOD man and the person he
played on the show was in fact who he is in real life.