The idea of 30 to 50 MHZ Would be correct.  Am surprised that a Motorola man
would say 140 to 150 was low band.  In fact, it would be near high band and 144
to 148 was  the ham 2 meter band.  We had this discussion a few years ago.  At
one time there was a Motorola base station in the office, but another had an
Eicho CB rig and an Eicho CW transmitter.  Didn't know that Andy or Barney
could copy code.  In THE MANHUNT there was a really old Motorola base control
unit in the office, and I think this was the only show where the car radio was
really used, to talk to the State Police Captain.

Another time Andy and Barney use some old Army Walkie Talkies to communicate
during a hunt for a man hiding in a barn.

Rick Nelson W8PRR