TAGS fans,

I have been watching my DVDs of the 3rd season of
"Coach" and almost every episode has been directed by
Alan Rafkin, who also directed most of TAGS season 6.
What a long and glorious career!  And what different
shows!  Both are primarily character driven (though
"Coach is a little more event-driven than TAGS") but
what different characters.  Andy may be a little
grumpy at times in the later years, but Hayden Fox is
always on edge.  The sidekick (Luther) couldn't be
more different from Barney, as Luther's always a
worrier and very negative in outlook.

I just looked up Rafkin's bio and he directed a lot of
shows over the years.  Sadly, he's gone now, but it
would be interesting to know how TAGS compared to the
others and what his favorite show was.  He directed 49
episodes of It's Gary Shandling's Show" and 86(!) of
"Coach" and 26 of TAGS, so he must have liked those
shows to have stayed with them that long.  Does anyone
know if he ever wrote a book or articles about his
experiences?

Sam
http://www.tuttles.net
the 'net's best comic strip