Floyd's fascination with Calvin Coolidge has a local tie for me.
President Coolidge handed out small slips of paper stating "I do not choose to
run" at the old Rapid City High School in August 1927. I live right behind the
school, which is now called Dakota Middle School. It's a great old building and
Coolidge used the principal's office as his press office when he was spending
the summer in the gorgeous Black Hills.
I have been inside the school but didn't see or hear from Silent Cal or Funny
Floyd. But history happened here and Floyd knew it!
tom in rc