I'm still getting caught up on Email's after spending a week in our
Nation's capitol, Washington DC.  Here are some of the references to our
favorite show, that us diehard fans look for anywhere we go.

I spent day's enjoying the "Smith Brothers institution".  Those museums
are full of interesting stuff.  To my surprise, I even enjoyed the art
museums.  They had statues that made Seth Taylor look pretty amateurish
(but some of them would have embarrassed Aunt Bee).  The part (of Smith
Bro's Institution) that Barney referred to, where they store classic
relics is being renovated, but the rest was great.  I looked for Aunt's
Bee's airplane in there with Amelia Earhart's, but did not see it.  I
saw the Hope Diamond.  It was guarded by a Live guard.  I asked him if
he ever got sidetracked by struck cannon balls or anything, and he just
gave me a mean look and told me to move on.

I saw the J Edgar Hoover FBI building, and just wondered what it would
be called if they did swap Barney for J Edgar as Floyd once suggested
jokingly.  It looked like the building was full of interlopers.  Lots of
G-men (but no Glen Ford) and T-Men  (Treasury).

I saw a stunning picture of Calvin Coolidge, and read some of the things
he did actually say.  I also saw Teddy Roosevelt's picture, but it
didn't say anything about his personal cannon, (no surprise there).
There was also a president named Taylor, but I guess he was no kin of
Andy's since he was never mentioned.

I saw the actual document of the Emancipation Proclamation.  I took
notes for Barney.  There was also so me document that started out "We
the people..."  I was trying to memorize it when I got thrown out of the
National Archives for taking too long with the Constitution.

I saw the Library of Congress.   Boy, Barney could get lost in there.
I'm sure they have something on every piece of folklore, curses, jinxes,
poetry, Physic Phenomenon, and of course Law and Order...but no
reference to Clarence Earp.

In the White House, I saw stuff from Eleanor Roosevelt and Dolly
Madison.  I asked about Martha Washington's Lavalier..but they said it
must be out in some traveling exhibit.  I tried to get my picture taken
in from of the President's house holding the newspaper, but I couldn't
get close enough on the outside.   The President's very own guards point
their guns at me.  (but I didn't see no maid)

One day I even opened the local paper to a picture of Opie.  The local
TV critic was recommend that night's TVL episode Opie Finds a Baby over
any of the current shows  (have to agree with that).

Well that's the short version of my trip.  Its good to be back in
Digest-land.
The Untrained Voice