Thanks to google and wipedika the free encyclopedia I just learned of a bio on
Dick Haynes aka Col Tim from Howard the Comedian.he was born 1910 and died in
Nov 1980 of cancer.an actor in bit parts in films and tv his most notable work
outside of a career in country music was being inducted into Country Music Hall
of Fame and receiving a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame .His most memorable
roles were 3 television appearences in the 60s and one of those appearences was
as Col Tim.thats got to say something about the lasting image a performer gives
in a bit part in a small slice of pure television AmericanaThe power of
television.I saw him 3 nights ago.There was the one man band Evan Thorpe on
this beautifully takeoff of Major Bowes Original Amateur Hour later headed by
Ted Mack on tv who I met in 1970 whe he did a benefit in my hometown.Its
comical watching how badly Evan played but funnier watching him wave triumphly
to the audience as he passes by the beloved Col Tim. Of WASG in Raleigh.Next we
see the good Col as Andy talks to Howard and behind stage and the Col pops in
from nowhere to say. Your next Bless you .that's his tagline Bless you in tune
with the people of nearby Mayberry.Then a highlight after the Col congradulates
Agnes Jean Babcock.another tryist.Poor Howard. Flustered in the presence of the
Col addresses him to the laughter of Floyd back  home with Opie Clara Aunt Bee
Goober watching on tv after the Col introduces him as the Merry Mapcap of
Mayberry. As Thank you Capt Tom Col Tom Tim Sir..its terribly funny so natural
with Howard in awe.Just look at the great care Andy Grffith and crew put into
what to them must have been insignifance in telling a story.You can sense the
love and care in scene after scene.So once again the Colonal is put into the
mothballs for now like other memorable bit players but Col I'm one fan of yours
i won't soon forget.Too bad we didn't see more of Dick Haynes aka Col Tim but
he left us his mark.You did Major Bowes and Ted Mack proud.Finally I see also
under google this night stories qalore on Mr Schwamp and to his identity(here's
quite a writeup on him and rightly so.Someone name Joe wrote in no one yet to
this day learned his identity and I'm guessing this is the Unknown Voice my
good friend Joe who is mr Schwamps true No One Fan.I'm merely Col Tims No One
fan.I don't think ill have rivals to that claim.If I'm wrong why haven't you
written in?As he always said and I concur to all out there Bless you All .Tom
Kessel [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile