See that just goes to show ya, one mans pie is another mans poison. Of all
the color episodes, "Aunt Bee's Big Moment" is one of my favorites. (Dinner
at Eight is probably on the top of the heap tho). Back in that time it was
easier to learn to fly than to drive a car. After all, you don't have to
parallel park a plane. I was flying myself by the time I was 14.  I couldn't
even legally drive a car yet. Although I did drive tractors and pickups
around on the farm since I was 13 or so.
It didn't take that many lessons to do a solo flight. Of course there is a
long way to go from soloing to actually getting a pilots license.

Dapper Dan
Over and Under