I don't chime in very often, but here's my two cents. I am very dissappointed that Ron Howard and Andy Griffith used the characters of Andy and Opie to make a political statement. It actually goes against the whole idea of the "Mayberry" way of life. Mayberry should be a place where there are very few problems and political squabbles are not caused by party lines. I would have been alright with a Ron Howard and Andy Griffith political ad, no matter who they chose, but they have now caused a riff among the fans of the show by saying that Andy and Opie wants you to do vote this way or your not a Mayberrian. If that is the case, it's not a place for me anyway, because everytime that I watch The Andy Griffith Show from now on, I will see a huge "VOTE FOR OBAMA" sign right there on the court house and that's not the reason that I watch it.

Mike "I'm going to Nashville" Creech