Hello All,

I have been reading the Mayberry newsletters for years and I have enjoyed
reading all the lively conversations.  This is my very first foray into adding
some thoughts of my own to the daily newsletter.  I have the complete set of
DVD's for every wonderful Andy Griffith season.  Like many of you I have
watched them over and over as Mayberry time never gets old.

In yesterdays Digest, Vol. 9, Issue 316, one of the conversations revolved
around the menu at Aunt Bee's restaurant and beer being on the menu.  It
started me thinking that I thought I had seen a beer bottle somewhere else
before.  So I started my search.  I could be mistaken, but if one was to look
at Season 1, disc 3 and go to episode 7 "Andy and Opie, Housekeepers" and one
was to watch real close at the beginning of the program.  Aunt Bee is in a
tizzy chastizing Andy and Opie on there lack of picking up after themselves.
Andy is sitting (perched really) on the couch reading the newspaper and Opie is
playing on the living room floor.  Sitting on the table beside Andy, I swear I
see a brown long neck beer bottle.  The camera focuses on Aunt Bee as she
scolds Andy and Opie but when the camera pans back to Andy, alas, the bottle is
gone!

Now, do not get me wrong I have nothing against "spirits", and it may be just a
bottle of pop from Wally's garage.  But, I do think it is strange that the
brown long neck bottle just dissapears.  Heck, maybe it was left by Otis when
he was doing time at the "Rock"!

You all take care now and let me know what you think about this dissapearing
bottle.

Opie, Jr.