Not to belabor the point, but in doing some research on Mayberry cars and
checking with some "experts" it seems most authentic Mayberry cars were
"Custom" not necessarily "Galaxie 500's" although there are a lot of replica
Galaxie 500 cars around. The Ford Galaxie was not manufactured until 1962 so
the 1960 & '61 TV cars could have actually been Fairlane 500's. In looking
closely at the episode "Andy and the Woman Speeder" in Season Two, the 1961
vechicle doesn't have any distinguishing body style markings.

Anyway, as long as it's a 4-door Ford 1960-1968 with the proper markings (black
& white,sheriffs logos, police light, etc.) it's close enough for most Mayberry
fans.

A Trained Noticer in SC,
Tom Rusk

P.S. I bought the 1961 that was on ebay. It's in excellent shape with only
46,000 miles on it. I'm thrilled! See ya around the bend!