Well, that got me to thinking - even without the bucket. What?medical
issues?have there been in Mayberry?

I remember Andy telling someone to take down the Disease signs, but were
they actually sick?

Here's the medical issues I can remember:
1. Willis Cundiff - kicked in the head by a mule
2. Tillie - long teeth
3. Opie - tonsilitis
4. Goober - psychosomatic bank pain
5. Otis - alcoholism - but he knew enough to enjoy it
6. Clara Johnson - back injury trying to clean up bacon grease
7. Barney - low blood pressure
8. Sara - sprained ankle? ( whatever it was Andy told her to soak it in hot
water)
9. Virgil - ADD
10. Andy - black eye ( but he got his girl back)

Miss Emma (?) took to her sick bed, when Ellie Walker, the new lady druggist
wouldn't give her her pill that she always paid a dime for.  Miss Emma
didn't have a prescription.  Then she did develop a severe "stomach ache"
after eating all the food everyone brought to her while she was laid up.

Also, when the new doctor came to Mayberry, and Andy was jealous because he
thought the new doctor was trying to court Ellie Walker, the lady druggist.
Barney went to the doctor under the pretense of wanting a physical.  See
#7.   The blood pressure reading probably wasn't accurate though, because
the new doctor put the cuff on upside down.

Carolyn Applebee
Every Other Wednesday Afternoon Fine Arts Club