Mari Ellen,
One that comes to mind is when Barney thinks he has arrested the robber of the
drug store and he is trying to convince Andy that he really is the robber.
Barney says "Andy, there's been a robbery ain't there?" Andy replies, slowly,
Of course, as you mention it was just to save Barney's feelings..
Steve