My bride, Kathy, and I had the opportunity to visit Gatlinburg, TN this past
weekend and made a point to visit the Hollywood Star Cars Museum to check out
the "official" Mayberry Squad Car.

The squad car is a 1961 Ford (probably a Fairlane although there's no
nomenclature on the body). The owner claims it's one of the original show cars
on loan from Mayberry Enterprises in Mt. Airy, NC. It has brown interior (I
thought the show vehicles had black & white interiors. The dash, steering
wheel, etc. are mint green in color with Don Knott's autograph on the glove box
door. It's detailed very well, but I question that it's the original paint as
most of us know the cars in the first four years of the show were flat black
and white.
They have done a good job of replicating the Courthouse front other memorabilia
drawings from TAGS around the car. If you're a car buff, you'll enjoy the
museum as there's cars from "Dukes of Hazards", "The Beverly Hillbilly's",
"Smokie & the Bandit", "Knight Rider", plus some 35 others.

You can check out the TAGS car and others at:
www.starcarstn.com/collection2.html

Interesting to note I recently purchased a restored 1961 Fairlane replica squad
car that my wife said looks as good, if not better, than the one in Gatlinburg.
I'll let the other owners decide at the SC Rendezvous in July in AL.

Happy Motoring!
Carolina Tom