I was watching an old movie last night which I recorded a couple of months ago
on AMC, called "Take Her, She's Mine" starring Jimmy Stewart and Sandra Dee,
filmed in 1963.  It also had our old friend, Bob Denver (a.k.a. Dud Wash) as a
minor character.

The biggest surprise of all was that it featured Jim "Gomer Pyle" Nabors in an
uncredited role.  Jim obviously was using his regular voice, which was much
lower that Gomer's.  He had a beard and glasses, but the face matched.  I
checked on imdb.com and it was indeed him.  This must have been filmed after he
first appeared on TAGS in the "Man in a Hurry" episode in January 1963.  It was
really strange hearing him speak in a "non-Gomer" voice.  All this time I
assumed that was the way he actually talked!  Shazam!!!

You should check this out the next time it roles around!

John Worsham
Hendersonville, TN