Hello fellow Mayberry-ites,

I found a little more info on Jack Prince, but not much. It looks like he recorded three songs with Shep Fields and his Orchestra, all of which were released on the short-lived "Vogue Picture Records" label between May 1946 and April 1947.

The songs are:

Atlanta, GA
I Guess I’ll Get the Papers ( and go home)
Whatta Ya Gonna Do!

I had never heard of Vogue Picture Records before but their story is a fascinating and colorful slice of Americana. This site has a lot of info about them: http://www.voguepicturerecords.org

If you click on this link and then click on "print view (pdf)," you can download a hi-res pdf of an image of one of the picture records where you can see "jack prince- vocalist" on the label: http://www.bear-family.de/cd-dvd-series/vogue-picture-discs/shep-fields-his-orchestra.html?lang=1

I found a copy of it on eBay for $39.00:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vogue-Picture-78-rpm-R764-Shep-Fields-&-Orchestra_W0QQitemZ200342736893QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090516?IMSfp=TL090516122007r11998#ebayphotohosting

(no I'm not the seller)

Lastly I found this magazine ad.  I believe it's from the New Yorker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dorothy-Ross-Jack-Prince-Jazz-1940s-Original-Ad_W0QQitemZ220338277887QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item334d2f4dff&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116#ebayphotohosting

You can (just barely) see where Jack Prince was singing at "Club Bagatelle" with Dorothy Ross and The Striders.

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall that night...

Jason