When Andy, Barney, and Aunt Bea went to the landfill to find the remaining
editions of Opie/Johnny Paul's gossip paper, she may have had
Clara/Bertha-Edwards/Johnson sit for him, like she did on other episodes.  I
vaguely remember Bea mentioning for Opie to go stay with other ladies in other
episodes (when she had to run off all of a sudden), as well.

In a perfect world, Andy would have already married Ellie Walker, or one of the
Mary's, or Lucy Matthews, and they all could have gone to the landfill, even
Opie, because I'll bet it wasn't past 8 or 9PM, and he was probably 11 or 12
years old by then, anyway.  But I guess the point was that even though they
scolded him for writing and distributing papparazzi-style gossip, they were
still very interested in that gossip, though they didn't want him to know how
interested they were (blonde, right out of a bottle).

Charlie Varney in SA (dry as dust)