Barn wasn't the only one to take rather drastic measures to save money:

1. Aunt Bee and her HUGE sack of sugar that was more economical.

2. Barney and Thelma Lou going "dutch" on dates ( well, that benefitted Barn
anyway)

3. Emma Brand getting the kind of illness that was cured by an Rx that only
costs a dime.

4. Briscoe Darling packing his whole family in one hotel room instead of paying
for several.

5. Aunt Bee buying Opie on-sale shoes that almost fit!

6. Opie drinking pop to return the bottles to buy a present for Miss Crump.

Can you think of more? Next, we can do extravagances - there WERE some!

Peggy

" What do you take me for - money bags?"