Tom, I hadn't thought about that at all (how Frances B. must've felt when
her character had to drop a vase on a cat (actually Otis) in order to stop
its howling) but what a great point you made!  Most of us know that Frances
was a BIG cat lover, and this must've gone against every nerve!  I wonder if
it was on purpose that the writers had her do this, knowing that it would
sort of irk her?  Not that they would intentionally be mean, but it could
have probably caused them to share a few giggles knowing what her reaction
would be upon reading and then acting this scene.  You know, like Andy said,
".just tryin' to dig atcha a little bit."
 --Marsha