While it's true that "Return to Mayberry" was released on DVD only as
a bonus in the TAGS Complete Series DVD set, occasionally those
"Return" DVDs are auctioned on eBay.

I bought all 8 seasons of TAGS individually, like most of you, but
last year "won" an eBay auction for a "Return to Mayberry" DVD ... and
if memory serves, I paid only $8 or so for it.

Incidentally, I've been on this list for a dozen years but silent for
much of the past few, but this talk of "Return to Mayberry" has
brought to mind a question:

Does anyone know if there was a conscious decision not to include some
of the actors who came into the TAGS/Mayberry RFD cast late in the
cast of "Return to Mayberry"?

Granted, Deputy Warren Ferguson might not have the largest fan club,
and Sam and Mike Jones (as well as Millie from the bakery) came on
board to fill the roles of Andy and family,
but their inclusion in this one-time-only reunion film would have been
welcomed (as would a cameo by TAGS' frequent drop-in actor Allan
Melvin).

Gotta go!  Here's comes Otis in his Ice Cream Truck!

Michael Eury
Concord, NC