Aunt Bee, your point was well taken.
>From just seeing the trailers to the new Andy film, my wife and I made the
>decision we probably wouldn't go see it. It's kind of like the movie "A Face
>in the Crowd". I didn't care for Andy's portrayal in that movie either. I
>prefer to see him as good old "Andy Taylor".
We all have to realize that Andy Griffith is not Andy Taylor. Andy Taylor is a
character in a show, much like Opie who was played by Rod Howard.
I may not agree with all the Mayberry cast on their political and moral
positions but I can still love and appreciate them for the wonderful characters
they played on the greatest TV show of all time.
My suggestion is to not let a few off color movies cloud our love for Mayberry
and wonderful folks who made the show great. Look for the good.....and praise
it!

Carolina Tom