well i was right on the barrel. tonight we had (forgive me fans) color
episodes and we had two Mayberry faces to enjoy Joel Redlin and Arthur
Malet. Ferdie  (Sorry i said Fergie,I was listioning to one of her recent
hits) and Purvis. Well here we go down the road to Mayberry again, Col.Tim.
Battle of Mayberry was up first. On that most famous  America's outside
benches sat Arthur Malet. Having just turned 80, , I sent him a birthday
card..Hes moving up from hobo to Mayberry infrequent resident. Up next was A
Singer In Town with Ferdie. Those eyes and his only vocabulary coisted of
the word "Hi" tall,goofy looking , his nerdish appearence made Howard
Sprague look like John Wayne. Good actor to ull that of. Opies Girlfriend
kbut i wouldnt lose any sleep over it. any episode of TAGS is miles ahead
of  Roseanne or  Married with Children.The Lodge a classic with poor Howard
and even worst poorer mom Mabel Albertson (Mabel Im sure you know was sister
to Jack Bradford Taylor  Albertson. Oh she was particularly  dominering and
mapitulive here. my good friend George Cisar  (Cyrus ) was in this one. And
so was Burt Mustin my dear friend. Goober looked like he was on the verge of
a nervous breakdown here to protect Howard. Brilliant acting  again.And
Howard McNear was great as ever asking Andy to "Check on my house" And Andy
appeases him reluctantly by agreeing to do so. only in Mayberry could this
had such believability. Barbershoppe Quartet with Burt Mustin (who in real
life til he almost died had his own Quartet)  and perhaps just about the
nicest thing anyone could say about ANDY TAYLOR the sheriff as spoken by all
people, a town hobo (No not Arthur Malet) .liston to what he says. "what are
you goin to do Andy" I love 3 times Floyds line to Andy.and look for poor
Howard McNear's stroke carefully concealed due to great camera angle in the
courthouse,And poor Andy listining to that baritone, his face says it all.
Finally the Ballgame, a homerun episode, AunT Bee's jaunted hat,Andy
shouting in the Diner.brilliant.Tomorrow night i gather i repeats of
tonight.next week, again if all goes well is Dont Miss A Good Bet with the
most famous 5 second visit of a Mayberry resident, my good friend Dick Ryan,
Mayberrys stationmaster.Thanks Allan.and hello Marsha. Tom Kessel Col.Tims
Protege Reject Bless you all