>>>I wonder if any other kids out there learned words the wrong way from
>>>Barney..<<<

Thelma Lou, your comments about "larnyx" and "artic" reminded me that for the
longest time, I tought "chaos" was spelled "kaos," thanks to the Get Smart TV
show. Glad I finally learned to spell it the right way.

On another note, I noticed an article in our paper today commemorating the
Emancipation Proclamation back on January 1, 1863. Reminded me of Barney's
great summary of that historic document ("Well, there were these people who
needed to be emancipated ...").

Happy New Year, Mayberry family!
Doug in Montgomery