Strangely enough I was just thinking about that myself.

In 1963  I was a cheff in a fast food restaurant and I earned

a dollar an hour, that was about the average for a kid in high school.

A cup of coffee was ten cents and you could buy a quarter pound

hamberger, order of fries (or onion rings) and a coke for one dollar.

I think eighty to one hundred dollars a week was probably about right

for a full time employee. For a sheriff, I expect he would have earned

a hundred and twenty five dollars a week.Because the owner of the

fast food restaurant took home $125.00 a week.

Bob Phillips

West coast Barney