Hey, Mayberry Friends. This past summer my family and I spent time at the Outer
Banks while on vacation. While at an historic site on Roanoke Island I asked
one of the workers if they knew where Andy Griffith lived. He told me but also
warned that "Andy's a very private man." We drove by his property, saw his
fence, gate,etc. but I would certainly not approach it. I'm a huge fan but I
don't want him to think I'm some "nut". Later on we took a tour by boat of the
island and surrounding waters. The guide pointed out Andy's pier and boat dock.
I know this doesn't sound like much, but when you love Andy Griffith and TAGS
the way we do, it was a thrill! Just spending time in Manteo and the area where
Andy lives day to day was such a great experience.

  Larry in Lincolnton

  "You're not talking to a jerk, ya' know."  Barney Fife