I watched an Episode this weekend with my daughter and we noticed a
couple of things.

1)      This was an episode about Andy's love life, and getting a new
girlfriend, that Barney was NOT involved in.  This is when he gets
serious about Peggy.  In "The County Nurse" (where Peggy first appears
and tries to give Rafe a flu shot)  Barney is around, but Andy is just
getting acquainted with her.  Then, 3 episodes after "Opie's Rival",
Barney does get involved because he thinks Peggy is too rich for
Andy...but for this one episode, (Opie's Rival) Barney was not around to
interfere with Andy's love life..remember any others??

2)      The other thing we noticed  is, in the beginning of the episode,
Peggy is wearing a dress, like most ladies in Mayberry do every day
(whether cave exploring, picnicking or whatever), ...but she is in a row
boat!!,  Then later, when Opie invites her to go fishing again, she
shows up in slacks/pants..probably for the first time  in a TAGS episode
that a lady wore slacks.  Why the wardrobe change mid-show??

After my daughter had had a rough weekend with her boyfriend, we all
happened to sit down and watch the episode, "the Bed Jacket".  What a
perfect episode to illustrate some life lessons like:
        Women's feelings can be fragile
        Men can be clueless at times
        A little attentiveness a women's wishes can go a long way.
        Little misunderstandings can cause great hurt

Have a Mayberry Day
The Untrained Voice