A few days ago I saw Cheerio Meredith(Emma Watson/Brand on an episode of
Bonanza.She played
an Irish lady with a very good Irish accent.After that,an episode of Daniel
Boone came on.One of
the characters said to another "we gotta' nip this in the bud".That quip got me
to wondering.Who
is actually credited with first uttering this popular catchphrase?I know Barney
is most associated
with any form of "bud nipping".TAGS was on TV four years before The Daniel
Boone Show aired.

Just wondering if anyone said it before Ol' Barn.

Dewey in NC