Harriet wrote: "Andy and Opie plan to push Barney's car in front of the fire
hydrant.... That can't be.....the car that Andy and Opie were going to push was
the squad car. If you remember, Barney said something to the effect of
"Unlawful
tampering with an official vehicle." while getting ready to write Andy another
ticket."

No, indeed the car in the epilogue was Barney's car. On the DVD of the episode
you see Barney getting out of a car in front of Andy's house (at 15:15). In the
epilogue, that same car is parked in front of the courthouse, and Andy says,
"Hey Opie, I got an idea... Let's push Barney's car in front of the fireplug
there and I'll write him out a citation like he done me, that'll get his dander
up." To which Barney responds with "Well, tampering unlawfully with a vehicle,
huh, that's a mighty serious offense."

So without a doubt Barney had a car that he could have driven out to Sam's. Of
course that is not as much fun as picturing ol' Barn riding Otis's cow out
there.

John "Gomer" Worsham