I don't know about rights and all.  When I lived in California , I was a
teacher, counselor, then psychologist.  In my spare time, I did celebrity
security for events.  In the Star Trek World there are many impersonators for
their characters.  I worked with a Bill Shatner impersonator.  He did this for
a living.  In fact, the two worked together sometimes. So, for Mayberry, it
would not be unheard of for impersonators for the living actors.  I am not
talking about it feeling odd or wrong or anything like that.  And, I agree that
George Lindsey would like the work as Goober.  A lot of these events are
unpaid, and some actors/impersonators would like to get paid.  Availability is
another issue too.  As a reenactor myself, for wild west and the first west
(1750s-1800), I often don't get paid.  And, I don't know if ken anderson gets
paid for his appearences all the time nor david browning. I don't know about
the circumstances of Mayberry Nights, which I bet was really fun, I just wanted
to give some information on appearences.
Sande Riggs
President
At The Crossroads
Chapter