In the show where Opie is courting Thelma Lou, Opie asks Andy "Pa, what can you
do with a grown woman"?  At the end of Andy's answer, he says "then you go over
to her mother's house where you sit and talk until it is time to go home.  All
in all it is a terrific day".  When Andy is telling Opie that, you can almost
see in his eyes the voice of experience speaking about visiting his
mother-in-law.  Kind of a sad look.

Orville Hendricks - Selling Butter and Eggs.  One time when Martha and I were
in church, I asked a man how his mother-in-law was.  He replied "Oh, she is an
angel".  I told him he was lucky, my mother-in-law was still living.  Oh well,
another night in the dog house.  Stop hogging the covers Spot.