As to Ken's inquiry to Mayberry characters people identify themselves with, I
would most definitely select "Ed Sawyer" (William Lanteau) from 'Stranger in
Town' (12/26/1960). At many of the Mayberry events, I know who the people are,
such as the actors (and their spouses and children), tribute artists (ditto),
and various local folk. However, they don't know me. Most of the core members
of
the TAGS universe are southern, and I'm the Yank who knows them. It kind of
spooks them, a la ....'Stranger in Town.'

Brian Rodahaver
One Of Maryland's Biggest TAGS Fans!!!