I know it was very important that brand names not be
hown on episodes like this.  I have notice that at Wally's the oil cans are
lways facing backwards so the brand name cannot be seen and names are not
hown on any other types of products, but nothing so blatant as black tape
as ever used to just cover up the names.

Ken, I have also noticed that TAGS and other shows avoided showing brand names.
Back in my younger days when I was a musician I was B. J. Thomas' bass player
and we did several TV shows, such as The Midnight Special, The Dinah Shore
Show, and several others. When we were setting up our equipment on stage, a
fellow approached my amplifier and asked me if that brand was sold in the U. S.
I told him I bought it in New York City, so he immediately slapped a piece of
black tape across the brand name on the amp. He did it to all the other amps we
had as well. So they were particular about such as that, I guess to avoid
conflict with any paying sponsors they had.
 Jimmy Dean