Hey, Mayberry friends. We're talkin' pickles lately and I have to put in my
measley 3 cents worth. I've told this before but it will bear repeating. My
mother-in-law (bless her heart) makes the best pickles I've ever eaten, she
actually doesn't do the pickling herself but buys Mt. Olive whole dill pickles
(made here in good ol' NC) and puts her own twist on them. She slices them
herself, (them store bought slicers cut 'em too thin) adds her own combination
of spices and a little garlic, simmers them a period of time known only to her,
then puts them up in jars and they are goood pickles.

BTW, the weatherman says we'll have 4-6 inches of snow in my area of NC Monday
and Tuesday and my beloved will certainly be making snow cream. No yellow snow,
no raspberry syrup, no snow cones, I just like mine regular, vanilla in a bowl.
Of course I'll leave a dime for my wife, I don't want a down payment on a
husband, she already has one.

  Larry in Lincolnton