Hey, Mayberry friends. While watching "Opie's Newspaper" I thought about a
paper from my younger days called "The Grit". It was a national newspaper
sorta' like "USA Today" containing general interest stories and news that was
usually several months old. It seems the paper's main objective was to lure
kids like me to become neighborhood salesmen where you could win all sorts of
goodies, toys and maybe even a pony! Sounds kinda' like the Miracle Salve
business but I don't know if they ever blacklisted anyone. Does anyone else
remember this?

Opie's paper cost 3 cents but the student rate was a penny a piece.

  Larry in Lincolntn