Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:58:59 +0000 (UTC)
From: jgr...@frontier.com
To: wbmutbb@wbmutbb.com
Subject: Observation of the pageant and names

I watched "the Pageant" recently.  That teh episode about the Centennial, and
Aunt Bee trying out for Lady Mayberry.  Just some rambling thoughts here.

There were a few times when Aunt Bee had to go to Play practice, that Andy just
seemed to be kicking back at home.  Why wasn't he, as "James Merriweather"
going
to play practice as well.  Perhaps they were just working on certain scenes,
but
he doesn't seem the type not to be there to  support.

Did John Masters ever deliver bad news?  He chickened out and had Andy tell
Barney when he was a lousy singer, and he had Andy do the same thing when Aunt
Bee was a lousy actress.  For a guy so worried about his reputation in the
norther part of th state, he was a bit spineless.

If the script of Happy Valley was true..whetever happened to the Indian
reservation, and Nugatuck's family?? All we hear about after that is one Native
American at election time.

I find it interesting that just a few days ago, I made fun of my own name
(Gritton) with my post about "the Grit" and then there was a little moulage
about the name Crump and Ken's piece that I found very witty and harmless.  We
can all be like Barney at times and be "high-spirited" but we goota watch that
vein poppin out of our neck, when we take things too seriously.  I agree that
the name Crump, was conjured up by the writers to make Andy think of a teacher
who might be somewhat repulsive.  Miss Crump then showed by her physical
appearance, and manner, that you can't judge a person by their name.  She, if
fact, brought a certain grace and dignity to the name Crump "C_R_U_M_P".  I
agree,though, that we need to respect the names of real people.  We've all
probably been teased about something, and a name is something every  deserves
repsct for.

Grittin..my teeth--The Untrained Voice

no, My Name is Talyor, I don't need the Tailor stop.