"The question is..are these cases of thinking outloud to oneself?? of are truly
the fourth wall?"

My guess is that on television and in movies thinking out loud and breaking the
fourth wall might be the same thing.  On stage when an actor breaks the fourth
wall, he speaks directly to the audience.   Since there is not really a live
audience for either television or movies, what is spoken to the care more could
be either.

Martha Humphreys, the intellectual wannabe
Huntsville, AL

Of course, Hamlet immediately came to mind.  Is "to be or not to be" thinking
out loud or something said directly to the audience?  Guess we can turn all of
it into a muddle.