Hey, Mayberry friends.In reference to Hear! Hear!: Such a funny scene but I
never get to move. This guy looks a lot like Wally, being a service station
owner, he must also be on the town council, a very civic minded business owner.

Where is the Mayberry Cafe? I have a seven year old grandson that has all of
Opies attributes except for the red hair. Think that'll make a difference?

About Mount Airy: I had a good experience with one of the merchants on Main
Street. We go to Mount Airy occasionally and we always visit Opie's Candy Store
(along with other stores) and my grandson (Opie look-a-like) wanted something
special from Opies. Well, he makes good grades most of the time so I called "em
and they prepared a great gift box of candy prepared especially for him. When
it came in the mail he was so happy. You can imagine how that made Paw Paw
feel.

The merchants and citizens of Mount Airy are just good folks.

  Larry in Lincolnton