Paul, thank you for posting your very vivid story of your family's experience
in the Joplin tornado. Watching the news on tv, even listening to the many
survivor interviews, didn't bring it alive to me as much as your words did. You
have a real ability to articulate your feelings & impressions, and I thank you
for sharing that.

And I've been thinking on (as Andy would say) what a blessing we have with
today's communication options. The fact that Paul could communicate with all of
us such a short time after his world was so devastated is an awesome thing. If
we really were back in the good old days of Mayberry, it could be weeks before
word would finally start trickling out about the extent of the devastation and
the fate of our friends & loved ones. So, as much as I've always said I'd love
to live in Mayberry in those days, and as much as I've often resented the
intrusion of today's "electronal" marvels, Paul's BlackBerry is one whose value
I now fully appreciate.