I had a real live "Barney Moment" at the parade I was in on Sunday. Prior to the parade starting I set up two chairs in the shade. I was using the nice Mayberry Deputy chair that my friend and former squad car owner, Bob Dewitt ,made and later sent to me. I set the chair down on the grass and sat in it. I leaned back a bit and that was when I made my big mistake. I tipped completely over backwards and landed with a big thump to the laughter of everyone watching. I fell over just like Barney did that time when he sat in Andy's chair. When I got up someone yelled out "You really did a Barney there."

I think it was in the design of the chair and old Bob Dewitt has probably been just sitting back waiting for this to happen. My wife, on the other hand, thinks it was because I placed the chair on an incline in the lawn. I will have to put a bucket on my head and give that a good thank.

"Everything is AOK in Mayberry."

Ken Anderson
Eau Claire's Mayberry Deputy
2906 May Street