Hey Y'all!

I'm taking a History class, and among other things I'm studying the Presidents.
We all know our old buddy Calvin Coolidge didn't say much, but the few words he
spoke were poignant. Coolidge said, "The words of a President have an enormous
weight, and ought not to be used indiscriminately."

A lady seated next to him at a dinner, said to him, "Mr. Coolidge, I've made a
bet against a fellow who said it was impossible to get more than two words out
of you." His famous reply: "You lose."

Here's a speech he gave to the Senate:
Do the day's work. If it be to protect the rights of the weak, whoever objects,
do it. If it be to help a powerful corporation better to serve the people,
whatever the opposition, do that. Expect to be called a stand-patter, but don't
be a stand-patter. Expect to be called a demagogue, but don't be a demagogue.
Don't hesitate to be as revolutionary as science. Don't hesitate to be as
reactionary as the multiplication table. Don't expect to build up the weak by
pulling down the strong. Don't hurry to legislate. Give administration a chance
to catch up with legislation.

Now I realize this isn't on the topic of TAGS, but I can't hear the name Calvin
Coolidge and not think of Andy, Floyd, and this weather that nobody can do a
thing about.

SharonQ