>>>Just heard this morning from a friend (and Mayberry fan) that a friend of
>>>his just drove thru Mt. Airy and instead of the Ford squad cars, he claims
>>>they are using '57 Chevys as squad cars in Mt. Airy. Not that a '57 Chevy is
>>>a bad car, just not what was used in Mayberry. Anyone know if this is
>>>true?<<<

Brenda, I hope someone can answer this question.  Using '57 Chevys would be so
unauthentic!  I love '57 Chevys (I've had an affinity for old cars since I was
a teenager), but they just wouldn't be right!  Besides, I would think that,
among car collectors, the '57 Chevy would be a more highly prized car and thus
would fetch higher prices than any '60s model Ford such as those used on TAGS,
though I am no expert.  Plus, the Fords being newer, it would seem logical that
they would be easier to find.  I'll be interested to learn if this rumor is
true or not.

Thelma Lou
(Janet)