First of all, I haven't gotten a digest for several days.  Just wondering if
others have missed it too.

I had a "Most Unforgettable Experience" today.  My wife came into the house
this afternoon and said there was a prowler around the back of the house.  So I
called the police and they sent an officer.  He was unarmed as was I.  So the
two of us searched around the back of the neighbor's homes and we spotted the
perp. (that's police terminology}.
We were closing in on him when he was able to slip between two houses and he
made his escape.  The officer said I should call if he returns.  I asked if it
would be OK for me to try to set some kind of trap for him if it wouldn't hurt
him, and I was given the OK on that.  My wife just read this post and she said
I left out a few important details.  Ok, so the perp was a stray cat, and so
what if the officer was a humane officer, and so what if we were unarmed.  It
could have been dangerous.  The cat did hiss at us a couple of times so the
officer went back to his officer and said he was going to get Annette.  I
assumed Annette was another officer, but as it turned out, he came back with a
net.  I do have a large live trap that I use for rabbits so I am going to set
that and see if we can catch the stray.  But all in all, it was a most
unforgettable experience for me.  After all I am 65 years old.

Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701