You will likely get multiple responses to this, but I have a question of my own
to ask, so here goes.

Andy says to Opie, "You were supposed to yell when you saw a maroon two-door."
Opie's reply is, "Maroon's a new make to me, Paw." You see, the lad was unaware
that maroon was the color of the car; he thought Maroon was the manufacturer.

Now here is another line I have never quite been able to make out. It comes
near the end of the Bert Miller episode, when Opie is telling Andy about the
crowd at Weaver's store. Opie has crammed several pieces of gum into his mouth
(I wonder what Aunt Bee would say?), and Andy asks him, "Did you notice, was
anybody over at Bert Miller's stand?" and Opie mutters something, but it's
unintelligible due to all the gum in his mouth. Can anybody make it out?  The
nearest thing I can figure is "I couldn't see the stand," but that may be
completely wrong.

Paul Mulik