Somehow fantasy got mixed up with reality.....Recently several posters
submitted lists of names they considered Mayberry could use if a hurricane hit
town. These names were based on people living in Mayberry.  I only remember two
lists. Neither of these lists had Floyd's name for a hurricane name starting
with F. I questioned why Floyd's name wasn't an obvious choice. I did not imply
that there never was a REAL hurricane named Floyd. As it turns out I remember
the real Hurricane Floyd very well. It hit in early September 1999, just a
couple of weeks before my very first Mayberry Days. So there you have
it.....reality morphing into fantasy.....or the other way around, whichever you
choose.

Harriet, the chicken thief, hiding out in Kelsey's Woods, USA
......"Johnny Paul Jason says chewing tar is good for your teeth"..."That's
an old wives tale"...."Johnny Paul ain't married"........