Dear Vivian,
I read your comment with interest. I agree with you regarding the level to which our entertainment industry has sunk. Even in dated segments of TAGS of which there area few, they are still entertaining. Andy Griffith was extremely well written, all of the elements of the Greek tragedies, Andy Griffith, I love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke. All of these shows hold relevance today and each has some dated segments. Those segments do not take away the over all value of the shows which are a reflection on an America of our past and in many ways a better one than what we have today. Reflection on our past is extremely important for without a past, there is no present and can be no future. I read with equal interest your comment on Disney and vampires. This is not only a pandering to splinter elements in society for the dollar but dangerous trends for youth who may be unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality. I enjoy this group and the comments though don't always have the time to respond.
G-d bless,
Dolly