Debbie your remark "group of actors that they used regularly in all the shows like I Love Lucy, Twilight Zone, Gunsmoke etc.," is so on target, it appears that there were actors who took parts in whatever shows they could get. Must have been a tough way to make a living but now we get to enjoy them all. I noticed "Miss Rosemary" in one of the old Golden Girl's Episodes.

Now your concept is bugging me and I'm going to have to research and see if there was a actually an actor's pool for the old TV shows.

Does anyone know?